Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas!

Thanksgiving is past already.  I meant to write something about it, but I went a week without wifi, meaning no internet on my laptop.  It was no bueno, but I lived.  So I will talk about Thanksgiving right now!

Last year in my AP English class we had to write a little something on Thanksgiving.  It's hard to explain, but here it is!
The Full in Thankful

Even the illegal aliens must know what Thanksgiving is.
It is the day to eat our fill, but then eat more.
It is the full in thankful.
It is the feast we must partake to get to the top rung of the holiday season;
it is the speed bump on our journey.
Thanksgiving is the day to thank people and
hope people are thankful for us, too.
It is the remembrance of early beginnings,
the feeling of being loved with no rhyme or reason,
the common wealth of a country standing united.
Thanksgiving is the rush of running into stores on Black Friday.  
It is a thankfulness we can't be rid of, a love we can't let go.
It is the gravy on the turkey,
 the whipped cream on the pie.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful feast,
at the end of November,
in the midst of starving people,
making us think that maybe we don't know what Thanksgiving is. 

Well now, I want to just say some things that I am really grateful for.
1. The Church.  I will tell you a story later that explains this very well.
2. My family. I miss them so much, and when I go home to see them,
I still take them for granted.
3. My friends.  I might just have some of the best friends in the world!
4. Heather Malinda Allred.  She is my best friend ever,
and I don't know what I would do without her.
5. Great roommates.  I really lucked out, and I have some amazing roomies!
6. SUU.  I cannot say how much I love this school, and the opportunity to go here.
7. The dorms.  I have made some great friends in the dorms, and it's a great place to live. 
Especially since I don't have a car.
8. My RA.  Sam is such a nice and funny person, and a really great RA. 
He even noticed the other day when I was sitting alone at dinner,
so he came and talked to me.
9. Emilee, Rashelle, and Cherie.  I finally have people to hang out with on a regular basis.
And these girls sure do know how to have a good time!
10. The Family Support Center.  I know this sounds weird.  But, I love it there.
I love the chance I have to volunteer there, and play with kids.  It reminds me of home.

Well, Thanksgiving was fantastic.
 I got to spend the day with my family and cousins. 
I love my cousins more than anything,
and I get so excited when I have a chance to see them.
But, once the feast was over,
we immediately started pouring over Black Friday ads.
Yes. We are that type of family.  I just get a kick out of Black Friday.

We got some great deals, and a little frostbitten.  But it was worth it.  We left for Walmart at about 11:30 for the midnight sales.  My mom had me standing by a bike and she went off with Becca, while Tatiana went off to find her stuff.  About ten minutes before midnight, I heard people screaming, and thought it must be time.  I took my bike and went to find my family.  I ended up going all the way across the store, only to find out they were in line at the front.  It was insanity, I got stuck between people.  Tatiana had to come find me.  After Walmart, we went home until 3:30.  No. I did not sleep.  At 3:30 we headed to Target.  I swear it was like -10 degrees outside.  I was standing in line, got frozen, walked back to the car, sat for a while until I realized I had to pee.  So I stood in line again, and when we finally got in the store I ran to the bathroom.  After Target, Becca and I went home to sleep from 5 - 7:30 before I went with my mom and Tatiana to the mall.  We rambled about Tai Pan Trading, moved onto Bath and Body Works, then hit the sale at Aeropostale.  We also took a quick trip to Victoria's Secret.  After that I had an eye doctor's appointment at 10:30.  My mom went with Tatiana while I took myself to the Doctor.  My mom met up with me, and we were there until about 12 ish.  After that we took one last trip to Old Navy, before calling it a day.  Well the end of the shopping day.  I went home and showered, then Becca, Jenessa, McKenna and I went to go see Harry Potter, which I loved!  We got home around 7, and I had friends come over at 7:30 for a game night.  It was a very busy and tiring day.  But, it was all worth it.

Now...I am just counting down the day until Christmas. 
24 Days.
12 Hours.
10 Minutes.

But, before Christmas there is still
Tatiana's birthday (Dec. 6th), which is also my study day for Finals.
Grandpa's birthday (same day, cool huh?)
Mom and Dad's Anniversary (Dec. 17th)
and TJ's birthday (Dec. 24th)

Have a great holiday season!

(Katrina Marie)



No comments:

Post a Comment