I know blogging isn't giving me a grade or a pass/fail type of thing, but I am pretty sure if it were....I would be failing. Forgive me for that, I will try to be better!
I think the thing that makes it hard for me is that I don't have a computer that I can just carry around with me, like a laptop. (Which I will most likely be receiving for graduation...which should hurry it's butt up)
Oh by the way I am so ready for college! I am going to be attending Southern Utah University down in Cedar City and I am stoked!! Let's see the checklist!
Apply for housing: CHECK
Register for classes: CHECK
Graduate from high school: {81 days}
Organize my room: CHECK (well my closet is organized now)
Personally on that last one, I don't understand why my parents are asking me to do that, I mean I am just going to have to box all that stuff up sometime soon anyways...there's another item on the checklist!
My grandparents recently asked me what I want for graduation, and being sensible I said bedding. I mean really I need new bedding for my dorm. My grandma said this to me "But, that's not an exciting present..."
Grandma, what's not exciting about this?!
Now I am begging someone to buy me this bedding....PLEASE?!
Anywho, onto other stuff....
For those of you who love music, well I do too.
And if you haven't made the acquaintance of Benton Paul, I sure hope you will soon. I love this man's music, and he isn't bad looking either! >>>>(By the way, I have learned how to put up pictures if you haven't noticed...)
So check Benton out!! He is from Utah and he is amazing! He has a CD called The Wise and The Weak, which is really cute, it's a little bit religious, but a lot of those songs (I think) are about his wife, and they are so cute! He also has a CD called Gray. And if you have the pleasure to listen to it, number 5 (Paris) is my favorite!
Now, recently I finished my bucket list. I mean I am sure I could add to it, but it took me a long time to just get to 100. Some of them are just random because I couldn't think of more, but some I really hope to do before I die. Want a sampling? Well here it goes anyway!
8. Talk in General Conference.
18. Get a 30 on the ACT : CHECK
23. Write 1000 poems. (I don't think I have even hit 100 yet..)
35. Model for a photoshoot (Claire, if you are reading this and you ever need a guinea pig besides Carmen, I am so up for it!)
41. Pronounce things wrong for a full day. (Check out Bryan Reagan's The Epitome of Hyperbole)
64. Defy a law of physics
79. Get accepted into Hogwarts
92. Sing at a Karaoke Night
Now, for some poetry!
I found this from a long time ago, and I can't take credit. My friend Aimee writes the most amazing songs. She wrote this when she was 14, I only have part of the song, but I love it!!
Your eyes light up a room,
Like stars in the sky,
and that's about when,
I start asking why...
Did I fall for you,
So perfect and out of reach,
I think you're slowly killing me,
A stab with every heartbeat...
Now seriously who writes things like that at 14?! Aimee Johnson does my friends, she sure does.
Here's something I just recently wrote. Anyone in Ms. Bodily's AP English class will recall having to write a paragraph on The Stronger. Well, before writing, Ms. Bodily told us to ask ourselves and others what their/our definition of stronger is. I didn't do that during class, so after school I texted a bunch of people and asked them. Here are a couple definitions of Stonger that I got from my friends.
Stronger:
1. to learn from mistakes or to build on something
2. being able to endure more than others
3. doing what you want or not letting others make decisions for you
4. not giving up
5. more capable to do damage or defeat others (this one is from my friend in the Army...)
So I wrote my paragraph for the class, but I also wrote a poem entitled Stronger...
To be stronger is,
what you take from this
life, it's what you learn,
from all chaos and all bliss.
Strength comes with endurance,
not leaving things to chance,
don't give up on dreams,
don't give into others wants.
Strength is courage, pride,
and more, a bounce in your stride,
self confidence and self esteem,
depends on what you decide.
The choice is up to you,
are you the stronger of the two?
Because strength isn't in what you say,
it comes from what you do.
I think I have sufficiently written enough for the day. Thanks for reading.
(Katrina Marie)

No comments:
Post a Comment