Monday, January 9, 2012

A Way Cute Tutorial!

I have been waiting forever to put this tutorial up.  I just had to wait until after Christmas because I made this for my parents as their present.  It turned out better than I could have hoped for and they love it!  So now I can put up this tutorial for the world to see!  I will also be posting it on pinterest so keep a look out.  :)

So this was the end result...






 So this was a really easy thing to do and its super cheap too.  Also, my parents love it!

What you need for this project is:
           A poster board
           Paints
           Pictures

So I found this picture of a tree that I absolutely love.  I free handed it onto the poster board while looking at it on my computer screen.  I was actually very pleasantly surprised how it turned out, because I am not an artist.

Cute tree, right?
 
My interpretation, I love it!
 Then I had my sister send me baby pictures of my sisters, my brother and me, recent pictures of my brother, sisters and me and my parents engagement picture.


Baby Pictures
Recent Pictures
Engagement Photo, Aren't they cute?
I printed them all at Walmart in black and white, then took them home and cut them into ovals.  I just found a picture of an oval online then made a template to get them to be all the same size.

The next part was trickier because I wasn't sure how I wanted them placed on the poster board.  I ended up having my parents at the bottom on the trunk of the tree.  Then I put all the baby pictures and then recent pictures.  Before I put it into the poster frame I decided to add a little bit more to it.  In the top left corner I wrote "Because two fell in love" and the top right corner has a heart.  In the bottom right corner I wrote "Est. 1988" (that's the year my parents got married)  And Ta-Da!  I had a wonderful Christmas present for my parents.  It is now hanging in our family room and I am so proud to say that I made it myself!
"Because two fell in love"


Est. 1988 (That is also my baby pic, cute huh?!)



I will be linking up to Talent Tuesday on Vintage Wanna Bee!  How exciting!

Thanks for reading, feel free to make your own, but let me know how they turn out!


(Katrina Marie)

No comments:

Post a Comment