1. I was an odd child.
Technically, I would still consider myself odd, and sometimes still a child. But, I was reading my textbook (more like skimming it) which reminded me of elementary school. I remember when the teacher would tell us to read a few pages in our geography book or something. I would always sit by the same people, because we were in alphabetical order. For some reason, I had to finish reading it before the people around me. It's not like we talked about who could read it faster or made it a contest or something. But in my mind, I would watch how fast they were reading and want to be faster than them (I'm competitive). I wouldn't even really read anything, I would skim it and turn my pages faster than them. I always finished "reading" before them, but it probably never did me any good. Odd, I know.
2. I've only ever had two boyfriends.
Technically, or officially or whatever. Only two. Does that mean there's something wrong with me? This has kind of been bugging me a lot lately. Like I see all my friends getting married, having babies, being in committed relationships, and I am here, just going along. My first boyfriend lasted two weeks. My second lasted about a month. It's not like there haven't been other boys, because there have. But, only two "committed" relationships. But zero long term ones. But, you know what? I am ready for one, I want a long term relationship, I want someone to be committed to me, someone to tell me I'm pretty even when I don't feel it. It's been a really long time since a guy has told me I'm pretty (besides my gay coworker).
3. Speaking of pretty, sometimes I don't feel it.
I'm a girl. I'm insecure sometimes. Sometimes I need reassurance that I am beautiful, because sometimes I go out the door with my hair in a ponytail, in a t-shirt and jeans just hoping no one will notice me. It's not all the time, sometimes I look in the mirror and think I look great, but sometimes I don't.
4. I am overweight.
Not that you would know, because the only pictures I post on here are of my face. But I am. I weigh a lot more than I want to. But I made a New Years Resolution (I know those never work out, so I am just calling it a goal, because that sounds more realistic) to eat healthier and work out more. So far, so good. Not that I am seeing results or anything, but I feel good because I know I am trying. I would give anything for a flat stomach.
5. I miss blogging.
But the thing is, sometimes I don't know what to say, or I have to much to say so I don't say anything. Nothing exciting happens in my life anymore, there's no boys to do a dear boys to, and I don't feel like doing Wacky Wednesday. No one even reads my blog. Maybe one person (seriously only one person read my last post). Even when I do get page views, I feel like no one cares. You know a comment goes a long way. My last comment was in May. Yeah, I check...(every day, sometimes more than once).
6. I'm trying to be better.
With a lot of things. There are so many things in my life I can improve on, blogging is one of them. The rest can get a little personal so I won't tell you.
7. I still want to do A Very Potter Musical.
Kynia if you read this, you should, uh, let me know what's going on here.
Anything else you want to know about me?
(Katrina Marie)
I love you Katrina!!!! I read!! I just suck at blogging and blog-stalking now, you know? I feel like it's becoming a lost art nowadays. Sad. I would like to know how school is going. Typical and unoriginal, but yes. I really would. :)
ReplyDeleteSweetheart, a flat stomach isn't the key to happiness, and neither is a boyfriend. I know it seems like that, but the key to happiness is loving yourself and waking up happy that you are you. We all have bad days, and rough times, but that's the beauty of life! If you know that you can wake up and face a day with class and charm, I would say you are a success, no matter what your weight is, or your relationship status is! Focus on those days where you feel like a million bucks, and try to make every day that way! You are amazing. Never forget!
ReplyDeleteI think it's good to have goals. it's good to push yourself and try to better yourself. I think it's good to know what you want and to go for it. Sure a flat stomach and a boyfriend might not be the key to being happy every second everyday, but it's not wrong to want that. If you have a positive outlook and realistic goals, it's perfectly okay to strive for those things. We all feel insecure at times, but if you can do something about it and you want to, there's nothing wrong with that. DO what you know will make you feel more comfortable with yourself. You deserve that.
ReplyDeleteLove you Katrina.
and for the record, I miss wacky wednesday :)
I love you and your blog. You're cute:)
ReplyDelete