Friday, April 25, 2014

Summer Book Club

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen that I want to do a Summer Book Club.

This was the original idea...

Me and my friend Breanna Halley were talking and she asked me for books to read this summer.  And we came up with the idea to read books together so we could talk about them.  Which spurred the idea to put it on Instagram, so more people could join us.  So I put up that we were doing it and we would read a new book every two weeks this summer and you could post about it on Insta and use the hashtag #katandbresummmerbookclub so we could all look at what you said.  A book club for the modern instagram generation.

But, my parents and my sister and my roommate pointed out that not everyone can or has the time to read a book in two weeks.  I can and I have a lot more time than some people, I guess.  So I thought about it, and realized they were right.  So I went through my reading Pinterest board (I love to Read), found a bunch of books that I really want to read (or have read but want to read again or think everyone should read).  So here's the plan.  I'm going to put the list here and post the link on Instagram, so everyone can see it.  Now, I know not everyone can read a book in two weeks.  So if you want to be in on this, read whatever you want on the list, take as much time as you need, but when you're done, post about it on instagram.  Let us know what you think about the book, start a conversation, you know?  Just remember to use #katandbresummerbookclub and tag me in it so I can see (@katrinamarina).  I'm so excited for this, you guys.  My plan is to read as many as I can! I hope you guys love reading as much as I do.


1.       The Rosie Project  by Graeme Simsion



2.      The fault in our stars  By John Green


Paper towns by John Green


Seating arrangements by Maggie  Shipstead 

3.      The yonahlosee Riding camp for girls  by Anton Disclafani

4.      Eleanor And Park  by Rainbow Rowell

5.      The Night circus by Erin Morgenstern

6.      Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding

7.      The accidental book club by Jennifer Scott



8.      The other half by Sarah Rayner

9.      The one and only by Emily Giffin

10.  Save the Date by Mary Kay Andrews

11.  Driving lessons  by Zoe Fishman



12.  The other story  by Tatiana Rosnay

13.  Tempting fate by Jane Green

14.  The monuments men by Robert M. Edsell

15.  Winters tale by Mark Helprin

16.  Dark places  by Gillian Flynn

17.  The maze runner  by James Dashner

18.  Here be monsters  by  Alan Snow

19.  Gone girl by Gillian Flynn



20.  A long way down by Nick Hornby

21.  If I stay  By Gayle Forman

22.  After Hello  by Lisa Mangum



23.  The hourglass door by Lisa Mangum

24.  Red Hook Road  By Ayelet Waldmen

25.  Walks With Men By Ann Beattie

26.  The secret history by Donna Tartt

27.  Feed  by M.T. Anderson

28.  Bossypants  By Tina Fey

29.  Dear Diary by Lesley Arfin

30.  Why We broke up by Daniel Handler



31.  The sky is everywhere by Jandy Nelson

32.  An object of beauty by Steve Martin


33.  I’ve got your number by Sophie Kinsella



Also, if you guys have any good book recommendations let me know in the comments and we can add to this list!!

(Katrina Marie)

P.S. it's my birthday so I have to end on this note.  (I turned 22 FYI)


No comments:

Post a Comment