Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm crafty I promise!

I know I haven't been keeping up with this, like I said I would.  But, you know life happens and I like to pretend I'm busier than I actually am, and that's why I don't have "time" for things.

But I'm being honest here, I have done some crafty things.  I made myself an ear cuff!  I love it.  I followed a tutorial I found on Pinterest of course.

I used this tutorial:


It uses a paperclip and it's super simple!!  I want to make more and I've found tons of tutorials for some really cute ones, so I might make some more.  For more inspiration you can look at my Making ALL the Things board on pinterest.

This is how mine turned out.






I really like it!!

Also, I did something that I had put on my summer bucket list.  It's kind of crafty...not really though.  But it was risky and scary a little bit.

I DYED MY HAIR!!

I have been dying to try something new and I looked to Pinterest of course, and if you have seen my Full of Beauty board  you can probably guess what I wanted to do.  It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it, but I do like it.

This was the day before I got it done.

Dyed the top a darker brown and we're lightening the ends...

Terrible quality, but I never though I would see blonde in my hair...

For some reason it doesn't look like it, but this was like fire engine red.  I almost cried!!
 I was so scared.  I couldn't go home like this, and this was not what I wanted.  Thankfully I got the courage to tell her this wasn't what I wanted, and she tried her best to fix it.  It didn't come out exactly how I wanted, but I have to say I really like it.  After the initial shock and getting used to it of course.  I like seeing how the red blends with the dark brown and how it looks in different styles.




I like how it looks in braids.

I love it curled!
What do you think (whoever is fortunate enough to read my blog)?  If you have any suggestions on things to add to my summer bucket list or crafts I should make, let me know.  That would be awesome!

(Katrina Marie)

2 comments:

  1. Way fun! Once I put pink in my hair and it was my favorite thing ever. Also, I always am so excited for the first time I curl my hair once I dye it. It always looks so fun that way. You could for sure add a Logan roadtrip to your bucket list. Craft-wise... you should definitely spraypaint something. Probably room decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Logan roadtrip would be fun, I've never been up there. Spray paint something, good idea :)

      Delete