A couple years ago, I wrote this:
Be Mine
A day to celebrate,
our dear St. Valentine,
giving out candy hearts,
asking, "will you be mine?"
Others are single,
and don't really care,
they want to forget the whole thing,
because they don't have a pair.
Ones without another half,
call it single awareness day,
and they are very,
anti- P.D.A.
I always wonder,
Will I have a beau this Valentine?
Does anyone even care,
to be mine?
I find a guy,
someone special to me,
they have someone else on their mind,
it's never really meant to be.
Will I be alone,
on Valentine's this year?
I hope that he sees,
that I hold him so dear.
I hope he knows,
I want to hold him close,
because to me,
he means the most.
Happy Valentine's Day,
my dear,
I hope you have a good one,
this and every year.
Last Valentine's Day:
I made these for select friends:
Along with a materials list that came straight from the book. It was pretty legit. I even printed it out on parchment paper and put them in addressed envelopes.
Also last year:
Brooke Weenig was my valentine
Christian Bunker was my valentine
I surprised Bonnie Brewster
Christian walked me home from church
Brooke brought me over a candy bar, with a note signed "your secret admirer"
Christian brought me a plate of cookies :)
I took Bonnie a valentine along with a candy bar
I received:
A teddy bear
A pink rose
A mylar balloon
A candy bar
With a note saying:
Happy Valentine's Day Katrina!
Love, Your Best Friend.
I still don't know who it was from, but it made my day. Whoever brought it to me was truly an amazing person. I can't thank them enough for making me feel so loved.
This year, so far:
Karlie Ransdell is my valentine
Trent Whitney is my valentine
Preston Bassett is my valentine
Me and Emilee went to see The Roommate
I helped Janae make dinner and desert for her boyfriend
I made Janae's room into a romantic restaurant, complete with mood lighting
Karlie surprised me with a box of chocolates, suckers and various candy bars
Janae might be getting me flowers
I made cute valentines cards with my floor
I sent Trent a book :)
Trent sent me a present...which I don't know what it is yet
I am wearing my Anti-PDA shirt :)
Hope you guys have fun celebrating.
I love you all!
(Katrina Marie)

No comments:
Post a Comment