Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Switching it up on 17 and a taste of 18...19 too

Whoops, I definitely forgot to blog yesterday...and the day before.  Well, not forget, because I looked at what I was supposed to write and I thought about it long and hard.... Who would I want to switch lives with for a day, and why?  Well, I thought about it and I kept thinking.  There are a lot of people that I would love to switch with, but then again I also don't want to switch with them either...

Currently anyone living in California...it is way too cold here!
My mom...she has the coolest job in the world, and she gets to spend so much time with her family.
My friend Mack...she is spending the semester in Spain...jealous!
My friend Steve-O...he is spending the semester performing on a cruise ship that is going to the Mediterranean....once again, jealous!

But, I love my life, and I love what I am doing with it and the people that are involved in it.  I really don't think I would actually switch with anyone if given the chance...except for maybe the girl dating Nick Jonas (does he have a girlfriend right now? Because if not...I am totally single!)

Eighteen says....plans/goals/dreams that I have... Easy!

Let's refer to my bucket list, shall we? 
1. Go to Italy
8. Talk in General Conference
12. Live in a foreign country
14. Go to a world cup soccer game
19. Become a True T-Wolf, and then a True T-Bird
27. Pet a Tiger
36. Win "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"
63. Win the Nobel Peace Prize
95. Get a cake from Charm City Cakes

Yes...there are one hundred on there...I am sure I will add more though.  I want to do a lot of things!

And 19!  Nicknames...haha, wow.

Let's start from the beginning.  When I was born my parents were going to name me Katie, but their friend had a daughter named Katie so they named me Katrina, thinking they would be able to call me Katie.  They never once have called me Katie, thank goodness.

Trina has always been a nickname.  It's just easier and faster to say than the full Katrina.

In 5th grade someone decided to call me Celery because I dislike vegetables.  I think he called me that once.

In 7th grade my friends nicknamed me Ducky.  For no apparent reason other than to have a nickname for me.  It stuck for a while, too.  I actually have a pillow with Ducky embroidered on it.

In 8th grade Hurricane Katrina happened.  I have since gained the names hurricane girl, hurricane Katrina, and the like.

Summer between 8th and 9th grade, I went to France.  The guys in my tour group decided to give me a nickname.  I don't know why.  They didn't give anyone else a nickname.  But the first day in France I became Pie.  I was Pie for those 10 days.  It still makes me laugh.

In 9th grade me and my friends would write stories to each other in code.  We all had nicknames from that.  I was Giggles.  It fits quite well, I tend to giggle/laugh a lot. 

In 10th grade my friends and I created Spaz Day.  We all gave each other nicknames that day, to put onto our dog tags.  Mine was/is Gigglez.  Yes with a "Z".  This time it was very appropriate for the day.  I was so excited that I couldn't stop giggling for at least the first 15 minutes after arriving.  I could barely talk I was laughing so much.   I even fell to the floor laughing.

I have many many more nicknames, such as:  Bronco, BroccObama, Hurricane Katrina BroccObama, Kat, Rina, Cecilia, FiFi, #65, and so on.

I hope this made you laugh, I was laughing writing it.  I love memories!

(Katrina Brocco)

No comments:

Post a Comment